Friday, November 7, 2008

Why I won't be blogging on Obama, and other big big news

There's been a great deal of news coverage and opinon pieces published out there on the historic election of a black President of the United States of America.

Every time a momentous news event like this one occurs, I find myself in a bit of a quandary.

On the one hand, the news really is historic and of course I have my own opinions on it. But on the other hand, so much has been said on what this or that portends that I don't have anything new to add.

One of the principle reasons why I like to blog is that I like to explore new angles and fresh perspectives on issues that I consider important, or on issues that I feel deserve more attention than they currently receive.

So, on that note, my stated policy on this blog is that I will not blog on any "major" event unless my perspective is fresh or at the very least, under-explored. So for any readers out there who wonder what I'm thinking about such and such an issue, rest assured, I do have my opinions and I do think about implications and consequences. It's just that I don't always blog about these things unless I feel I have some new insight to offer.

No comments: